About Me

Lindsay M Starr is a beadwork and mixed media artist currently based in Nashville, TN. She spent her early childhood in Alaska, and her school age and college years in Oregon. Lindsay has a great appreciation for history, science, and nature and is consistently inspired by insects, sea life, color, and the significance of beads and beadwork throughout human history. She spends her days beading, walking at the zoo, and practicing yoga. Lindsay loves to share her knowledge and passion for beads and beadwork to hobbyists of all skill levels.

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sunday Funday, Week 9 and 10!

Week of December 8-21, mid-month blues.

Hello, I'm back again!  The last few weeks have been unexpectedly stressful and eventful, and completely way-laid my Christmas present making.  Everyone on my list will be getting New Year's presents and ornaments instead!  It's just another day, after all :)

I also miraculously found a job.  Right now I am pretty worn out - my stamina is low after not working for the last 6 months, and not having worked full-time for the last 3 years.  But it's getting better, and the job doesn't sap my creativity at all, so I expect to be back to beading soon.  

Today's post will be a bit of eye candy for you, mostly to help me get inspired to work on some projects soon :)

A package arrived this week from my friend Sherri, of My Micromacrame.  Just look what was inside!
Do you remember this post, where Sherri and I swapped pieces of beadwork and macrame for the other person to work with?  Well, this is what Sherri did with my little cream flower, sea green leaf, and long ruffle.  I just love how she combined coral oranges and reds, plus more of our favorite greens and teals to make this sweet sugar skull necklace!  

Look at all the different textures of macrame in there!  Sherri really out did herself this time!

These are the two sides of the strap - one side has a spiral, supporting my beaded ruffle.  The other is a series of leaves, knotted out of 3 different colors of cord.

You knew I couldn't leave you without the beauty shot, right?  I just love the pattern of knotting in the skull!

Of course, neither Sherri or I can send a package to the other person without adding a bunch of goodies.
I've got a new stash of antler points and components, plus antler and wood toggle sets - all made by Sherri's dad.  The sweet man made the toggles specifically for me!
Handmade cards, made by our mutual friend, Shelley Graham Turner of Tori Sophia.  I just love them!

She also included a necklace for Keven.  This is one of Sherri's first attempts at making jewelry for a man. 
It must have been successful, because he put it right on, even though we weren't leaving the house any more that day!  Way to go Sherri!  This might be a whole new market for you!

If you need more eye candy, check out my post today over at the Art Jewelry Elements blog!

I will attempt to keep up with my regular blogging, even with the new job!  Please forgive me if I miss a weekend here and there - you all know how life can get in the way!  Keep an eye out on my Facebook page and Etsy shop - I foresee updates in the near future!  As always, thanks for looking!




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha - how come I like the skull necklace better now that YOU photographed it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got to be the magic of those driftwood busts...because it's certainly not my camera or photography skills!

      Delete