About Me

Lindsay M Starr is a beadwork and mixed media artist currently based in Nashville, TN. She spent her early childhood in Alaska, and her school age and college years in Oregon. Lindsay has a great appreciation for history, science, and nature and is consistently inspired by insects, sea life, color, and the significance of beads and beadwork throughout human history. She spends her days beading, walking at the zoo, and practicing yoga. Lindsay loves to share her knowledge and passion for beads and beadwork to hobbyists of all skill levels.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Trip to Iowa 2014, Part 2

Well, ok, this is a week late.  Funny, it always seems to take at least that long to recover from vacation, doesn't it?

Our trip to Iowa culminated in an even that called A Day Out with Thomas, with all the kids.  Probably due to the fact that I have a much younger brother, I watched children's programming much longer than a lot of kids my age, and I've always had a soft spot for Thomas the Tank Engine and all his friends.  It was really fun to not only see the little Thomas engine, but also take a short ride in a train pulled by him!  The kids all loved it too, of course.
 He even talks and looks around!

The very next day we were headed back to Tennessee.  I am so thankful that we realized the kiddo was just about to the point of being too big for her car seat - we bought a new one while in Iowa, and it shortened the drive back to TN by several hours.  Having a more comfortable kiddo was a huge relief for all of us!  

One of the things that I always keep an eye open for on long car rides, is trucks hauling weird loads.  What do I mean by that?  Well, this truck for one:

Yes, that is a truck load of turkeys...
Or how about this load - ok, I know it's not a semi, but still:

Yes, that is a cannon!  We were in Kentucky by then, so I can definitely say "Only in the South!"

We made it back to Nashville, and my friend plus kiddo to Knoxville, safe and sound.  Tomorrow's blog post will cover all of the awesome finds I brought home.  As always, you can keep up with me on my Facebook page, or shop on Etsy anytime.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment